Tuesday, September 18, 2007

To Grandma...with love..

There are some people who are very special to me... the very mention of their name brings back tears of joy...the very thought of the times spent time with the person... makes me smile...

Last evening, i sat alone in a corner.. staring out of the window...amazed by the panoramic view my eyes were being treated to... i love moments like these... where i can just let go... grandma filled my thoughts...



She was modern...Very well educated....graceful and filled with values...was a wonderful,practical wife.... A wonderful mother... let her children make their choices.. let them have the freedom and independence to live life the way they wanted...and ABOVE all a wonderful grandma...

I owe the little bit of math i know to her... the hours she put in when i was in the 6th.. trying to teach me a subject i couldn appreciate... the hours and hours of chit chatting... the emotional support through my school days...

Every minute spent with her remains etched in my memory... she might not be here with me... physically... but she will always be my guiding force... my support...

My Gran... the woman i look up to for inspiration...i love her... and truly miss her....

1 comment:

Am I Who said...

truly... a beautiful ode to your grany....

i dunno what to say... beautiful....

some ppl jus leave an indelible mark in our lives...